Senior Accountant- Reporting & Policy
Job Title: Senior Accountant – Reporting and Policy
Reports To: Senior Director
Location: Reston, VA
Reporting to the Director of Policy, the Senior Accountant Reporting and Policy will be responsible for ensuring the accurate recording of complex revenue transactions related to the Company’s service offerings in accordance with US GAAP. The Senior Accountant will be a part of a dynamic reporting and policy team involved with all technical accounting and reporting responsibilities. This high profile role will require interaction with the revenue team, legal, sales and sales operations allowing the individual to gain meaningful insight into a growing Company. This role will include partnering with the respective business personnel and other stakeholders in the revenue cycle to understand the offering; evaluate and influence the structure; assess and conclude on the technical accounting conclusions. In addition to revenue related responsibilities, the Senior Accountant will support other technical and reporting initiatives.
- Evaluate and account for complex revenue contracts entered into by the Company
- Draft technical memos to support analysis of revenue contract accounting
- Support the implementation of the new revenue recognition standard
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Prepare equity accounting work papers as part of month end close
- Assist in the preparation of position papers for ad hoc technical accounting issues
- Support quarterly and annual financial reporting responsibilities
- Support the external quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 3 years progressively responsible accounting and finance experience
- Experience with Multi-Element Arrangements, VSOE and BESP preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm or other national accounting firm strongly preferred
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively, delivering accurate results under tight deadlines, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
- Advanced understanding of Excel and proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with AX Dynamics, Netsuite or both general ledgers systems a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills. Ability to confidently and effectively communicate to all levels within the Company.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Accountant- Reporting & Policy
Req ID: 19955
Search all jobs
Don't see your ideal role listed? Join the Talent Network.
New roles become available frequently. Join our Talent Network and we'll keep you updated on all the happenings at comScore and alert you when there is a role that might be exactly what you are looking for!Register Now
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.Login