Technical Project Manager
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: Vice President, Analytical Solutions
This position plays an integral role in ensuring the success of the Analytical Solutions team as a revenue generating unit. The main responsibility of this role is the creation and execution of custom analysis, while ensuring on time delivery of all studies and data extractions. The Project Manager must not only lead projects from initiation through implementation, but is hands on with extracting information, conducting analysis, performing quality checks, and ultimately delivering results to clients. The Project Manager is expected to work on numerous engagements simultaneously and will need to communicate project status to their department manager and both internal and external clients involved in the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in sales calls with clients discussing potential custom research initiatives
- Create proposals and statements of work, outlining the parameters of the analysis and developing pricing
- Manage/execute custom research projects from outlined statements of work to completion
- Manage and perform multiple tasks under conditions of fluctuating workloads, competing requirements, and changing deadlines; working independently and completing assignments with minimal direction
- Work effectively with Analysts, Client Services team members, and Account Managers, to accomplish on-time and on-budget execution of requested analyses
- Utilize database query tools (e.g SQL, Python, JSON) to extract data and Alteryx to manipulate data into final deliverables
- Manage client relationships; write technical scope and specifications for proposals and service orders
- Communicate any issues that arise during the management of projects to the VP of Analytical Solutions and seek remedies for quick resolution
- Validate custom analytics with external sources; understand similarities and explain differences
- Innovate new ways to perform custom analyses leveraging comScore’s robust data sets
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Media, Market Research, Communications or related fields
- 2-4 years’ experience managing complex projects or implementing solutions OR 2-4 years’ experience in related industries AND 2+ years’ experience managing complex projects or implementing solutions
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of resources including senior management
- Possess critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Requires someone who is highly detailed and organized
- Possess excellent analytical skills; able to take complex client requests and collaborate with team to determine successful solutions
- Requires strong teamwork skills
- Have a willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges
- A ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Be self-motivated and task-oriented
- Have experience managing client relationships and analytical work
- Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency with Alteryx, SAS, SPSS, Tableau, Qlik or other ETL software a plus
- Proficiency with SQL, JSON, and/or other types of database query tools a plus
- Have an interest in the Entertainment business and television viewing behavior
- A strong familiarity with media (theatrical, television, home entertainment, advertising, etc.) industry and practices a plus
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Technical Project Manager
Req ID: 19995
Search all jobs
Don't see your ideal role listed? Join the Talent Network.
New roles become available frequently. Join our Talent Network and we'll keep you updated on all the happenings at comScore and alert you when there is a role that might be exactly what you are looking for!Register Now
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.Login