2013 Canada Digital Future in Focus
The rapidly evolving digital landscape made 2012 an exciting year for consumers and businesses. 2013 will be defined by the new media landscape that presents marketers with more opportunities to connect and engage with consumers than ever before. The growing ubiquity of digital media and platforms and the continued adoption of mobile devices have brought to fruition an evolved consumer and more complex digital ecosystem.
In this webinar, Darrick Li, Manager, Media Metrix Canada will present key insights from the 2013 Canada Digital Future in Focus report, highlighting prevailing trends in PC web usage and demographics, online video, digital advertising, mobile, social media and e-commerce.
Key insights include:
- Canada continues to be a leader in engagement, with users spending more than 41 hours per month online on their PC, representing the 2nd highest across the globe, and ranking 1st in terms of monthly pages and visits per visitor.
- Online video is of growing importance to the digital ecosystem as long-form viewing and premium programming migrates online. Canadians rank 2nd worldwide in terms of monthly hours (25) and videos (291) per viewer.
- The digital ad market is healthy and growing in Canada, with 724 billion display ad impressions in 2012, up 17% year over year. Social Media, Entertainment and Portal sites continue to account for the largest share of impressions.
- The rapid adoption of internet-enabled devices is contributing to a more fragmented digital media landscape. Smartphone subscribers grew by 17 percent in 2012, with Google Android accounting for 40 percent of the market.
- Social Media players are increasing their visitor base and engagement, while Facebook continues to lead the Social Networking category.
- Major industry verticals are witnessing interesting trends amid media fragmentation. E-Commerce totaled $22.3 billion dollars in Canada in 2012, up 10 percent versus year ago.
Register now to find out where the Canadian digital industry is heading and what these trends mean for marketers in 2013.
Darrick Li, Manager, Media Metrix Canada
19 March 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm