The State of the U.S. Online Retail Economy in Q4 2009
comScore Chairman Gian Fulgoni presents a quarterly review of the state of the U.S. online retail economy. This installment includes an overview of e-commerce trends in Q4 2009, a detailed analysis of the 2009 holiday e-commerce season and survey findings that highlight consumer sentiment about the current state of the economy.
Presentation Highlights Include:
- A recap of 2009 holiday e-commerce trends, including an analysis of changes in shopping behaviors throughout the season and the role of various marketing activities, such as free shipping and social media
- An overview of changes in consumers’ online spending patterns from early 2008 through the fourth quarter of 2009
- Analysis of spending patterns across key product categories during Q4 2009
- Review of consumer spending by demographic segments
- Analysis of key digital marketing trends as they relate to e-commerce, including social media, mobile, advertising and couponing/promotions