State of the Internet in the U.S. Q2 2012
There are 1.5 billion internet visitors worldwide that went online in Q2 2012.
They're listening to music, watching video and visiting social media sites, but which trends are growing the fastest and how does that current activity shape what's in store for the rest of the year?
View State of the Internet in Q2 2012 to find out.
In this webinar, comScore Senior Director Tiffany Walker, provides an overview of internet usage in the U.S. and worldwide, along with analysis in key categories to help you understand where the online opportunities lie.
Below is a preview of some of the trends covered in this presentation:
- State of the Internet Overview: the U.S. saw a 3% year-over-year unique visitor increase, while India led the pack with a 38% increase
- Competition in Online Music & Radio: VEVO had almost 57 million unique desktop visitors in June, followed by Pandora with almost 20 million, but Spotify is quickly gaining ground
- Traffic Patterns in Online Video: Netflix traffic this past year peaked around 35 million unique visitors during the holiday season, while Hulu traffic is affected by the seasonality of TV shows
- The Changing Face of Social Media: Facebook saw 160 million unique desktop visitors in June and 24% of them also visited Twitter
- 2012 Presidential Election Coverage: President Barack Obama outspent challenger Mitt Romney to capture an 87% share of display ad impressions in June, but Governor Romney's PPC campaigns this year have seen more engagement