Charting the Mobile Music Consumer
Each month comScore creates a Data Insight presentation on a different topic in digital. In this September 2016 edition, the topic is the "Online Music Consumer".
- Music is reaching more people than ever with mobile dominating consumption since March 2014
- Android Phones reach more music consumers while iOS devices drive engagement
- Music Streaming Services (e.g. Spotify, Pandora, Soundcloud) drive app consumption in the music vertical
- Millennial audiences are growing most on Spotify, Soundcloud, and Apple Music apps
- 1/5 of adults subscribe to an online paid music service; they’re engaged with social media, affluent, and brand loyal
- Paid Music Subscribers are more likely to subscribe to paid video streaming services