comScore Releases ‘2013 Argentina Digital Future in Focus’ Report
Consumers in Argentina Spent More Than 26 Hours Online in August 2013, Outpacing Both Latin American and Worldwide Averages
Buenos Aires, Argentina, October 30, 2013 – comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, today released insights from the 2013 Argentina Digital Future in Focus report. The study provides a comprehensive overview of the Argentinian market and identifies the prevailing trends in web usage, online video, mobile and e-commerce. To download a complimentary copy of the 2013 Argentina Digital Future in Focus report, please visit: http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Presentations_and_Whitepapers/2013/2013_Argentina_Digital_Future_in_Focus
Key insights from the 2013 Argentina Digital Future in Focus report include:
- The Argentinian online population tends to be older than the regional average, with nearly 25 percent of internet users age 45 and older. Users age 55 and older spend the most time online, with nearly 24 hours on average per user in August 2013. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Half of Argentina’s online population accessed Sports sites in August, ahead of both the regional average (44 percent) and worldwide average (39 percent). (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Online Retail Sites continue to grow in Argentina, reaching nearly 74 percent of its total online audience in August 203. Alibaba.com was the fastest gaining property of the top 10 most-visited Retail websites, growing 96 percent in the past year. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Argentina is the third most highly engaged social networking market worldwide, with users spending an average of 9 hours in the category in August 2013. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Mobile phones and tablets continue to account for a growing amount of digital traffic. Argentina now sees 7.9 percent of all web-based page views consumed beyond the personal computer, predominantly on smartphones and tablets. (Source: comScore Device Essentials)
- Internet users in Argentina are the most likely in Latin America to view online video content, with more than 95 percent of Argentina’s internet population doing so in August 2013. (Source: comScore Video Metrix)
Please note that the 2013 Argentina Digital Future in Focus report is part of comScore’s Future in Focus series. To obtain more detailed insights into mobile trends or the digital landscape for major markets around the world, please visit www.comscore.com/FutureinFocus2013.
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, delivering insights on web, mobile and TV consumer behavior that enable clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com/companyinfo.
Ana Laura Zain
Sr. Manager, Corporate Marketing, EMEA
+44 20 3111 1730