comScore Introduces Digital Measurement of Health Insurance Exchanges
Comprehensive comScore Metrics Will Deliver Insights on Competitive Landscape, Customer Interest and Acquisition
RESTON, VA, July 31, 2013 – comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a leader in measuring the digital world, today announced the introduction of a new service that provides detailed, aggregated and anonymous online usage metrics for the new health insurance marketplace, which opens October 1, 2013 as part of the Affordable Care Act. This new service will offer comprehensive insights into the entire online health insurance acquisition space, both on-exchange and off-exchange.
“The launch of exchanges this coming October is probably the most significant change to the health insurance market in a generation,” said Susan Engleson, Director of comScore’s Insurance Practice. “The availability of important metrics that speak to health care customers’ interest and acquisition will be critical to assessing the changing landscape so that our clients can employ sound content and marketing strategies. comScore has been providing research analytics in the online health insurance space for a number of years, and we are excited to expand our measurement to the marketplaces segment to help deliver new value for our clients.”
As the launch of the state and federal marketplaces draws near, traffic to Healthcare.gov, home of the Health Insurance Marketplace, has rapidly escalated. The website drew more than 500,000 unique visitors in June, representing an increase of more than 50 percent from January 2013.
Trend in Unique Visitors (000) to Healthcare.gov|
January 2013 – June 2013
Total U.S. – Home & Work Locations
Source: comScore Health Insurance Measurement
|Month||Unique Visitors (000)|
In addition, online searches that include the phrase “health insurance” have increased nearly 30 percent from Q1 2013 to Q2 2013.
Key Features & Benefits
In addition to aggregate reporting for health exchange marketplaces, anonymous customer acquisition activity will be reported for the following:
- Aggregator sites, including eHealthInsurance, individualhealthquotes.com, and gohealthinsurance.com
- Insurers, including Aetna, Assurant, Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Humana, and UnitedHealthcare, as well as local Blue Cross and Blue Shield affiliates, including those plans run by WellPoint (Anthem), Health Care Services Corporation (HCSC), Highmark, Independence, and Horizon
Key reporting features as part of the service include:
- Measurement of audience and visitation patterns to the websites of insurers, aggregators, and exchanges
- Demographics of visitors to insurers, aggregators, and exchanges
- Analysis of sources of traffic, including search and display advertising
- Measurement of traffic to quote start and finish pages and enrollment start and finish pages
- Measurement of both the federal and state exchanges
- Insights into social media related to the Affordable Care Act
Leveraging this data, comScore provides clients with the ability to translate consumer usage trends concerning changes to the health insurance marketplace to actionable insights that can be used by health-related service providers to optimize their digital content and marketing strategies.
About comScore Health Insurance Solutions
To learn more about comScore Health Insurance Solutions, please contact Susan Engleson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, delivering insights on web, mobile and TV consumer behavior that enable clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com/companyinfo.
+1 (571) 306-6447