comScore 2014 Digital Future in Focus Reports for Chile and Mexico Now Available for Download
Chile and Mexico have the highest mobile penetration compared to the rest of Latin American countries.
Santiago, Chile and Mexico City, Mexico, August 25, 2014 – comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a global leader in measuring the digital world, today released the 2014 Digital Future in Focus reports for Chile and Mexico. The reports, available to the public as a complimentary download, highlight the major shifts in digital consumer behavior over the past year across various online sectors including social media, news/information, government, sports, online video and mobile.
To download a copy of the 2014 Chile Future in Focus Report, please visit: http://www.comscore.com/2014DigitalFutureinFocusChile
To download the 2014 Mexico Future in Focus Report, please visit: http://www.comscore.com/2014DigitalFutureinFocusMexico
Key insights from the 2014 Chile Digital Future in Focus report include:
- Chile had an audience of 6.4 million visitors, representing 4% of the total Latin American audience, in June 2014.
- Chileans spent 17.6 hours online, with young people (under 35 years old) accounting for more than 60% of time spent.
- Chile ranks 3rd in social networking penetration in Latin America.
- Chile has above average penetration for Online Retail among Latin American countries.
- The Social Media audience in Chile had 6.16 million visitors. Facebook, Taringa and LinkedIn led the market.
- Android is the leading smartphone operating system in Chile with 80.5% market share.
Key insights from the 2014 Mexico Digital Future in Focus report include:
- Mexico ranks second, after Brazil, in terms of online audience size in Latin America.
- Mexicans spent 14.8 hours online on average and 61.3% of time spent is by young people (under 35 years old).
- Mexicans spent the highest amount of their time online on social networks (4.7 average hours per visitor per month).
- Facebook leads as the most visited social network in the country.
- Mexico showed the largest year-over-year growth in the Sports category compared to the rest of Latin America.
- The number of unique visitors to government sites grew 118% compared to last year.
- Mexico has the highest penetration in mobile compared to the rest of the Latin America countries.
- Android is the leading smartphone operating system in Mexico with 74.8% market share.
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, delivering insights on web, mobile and TV consumer behavior that enable clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com/companyinfo.
Marketing Manager LATAM