comScore Releases the “2013 Japan Digital Future in Focus” Report
Japanese Online Population is World’s Fourth Largest and APAC’s Third Largest at 73.3 million Users
Tokyo, Japan, 15 October 2013 – comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a leader in measuring the digital world, today released the 2013 Japan Digital Future in Focus report. The report provides a comprehensive overview of the Japanese digital market and examines how the prevailing trends in web and mobile usage, online video, social media, digital advertising, and e-commerce are defining the current marketplace and what these trends mean for marketers.
To download a complimentary copy of the 2013 Japan Digital Future in Focus report, please visit: www.comscore.com/2013-Japan-DFiF
Key highlights from the 2013 Japan Digital Future in Focus include:
- Japan’s online audience tends to be older than the global average, with only 34% of Internet users below 35 years of age and twice the global average of users above 55 years.,
- 54% of Japanese mobile users are above 45 years old, the highest percentage among the Developed Markets.
- 86% of all Internet users in Japan visit online retail sites, amongst the highest in the world, ahead of the world average by 9%.
- Japanese entertainment and online video sites are very popular, with Japanese Internet users spending almost twice the amount of time on these sites compared to all Internet users in APAC. Twitter reaches more users than any other social network in Japan.
- YouTube is the most popular Japanese entertainment site in terms of unique visitors, but users spend 240% more time on NicoVideo than they do on YouTube.
This 2013 Japan Digital Future in Focus report release is a part of our Future in Focus series. To get more detailed insights on the digital landscape for major markets around the world, please visit www.comscore.com/FutureinFocus2013.
Senior Marketing Manager APAC
+65 6221 9100