2013 UK Digital Future in Focus
The rapidly evolving digital landscape made 2012 an exciting year for consumers and businesses. The Olympics presented an interesting case study into shifting media consumption habits, especially as today’s multi-platform environment allows consumption of content anytime and anyplace. The dramatic growth of smartphone penetration across the UK, combined with the burgeoning of tablets, now calls for a new approach in the way marketers engage with connected consumers.
In this webinar, Cathy McCarthy presents key insights from the 2013 UK Digital Future in Focus report, highlighting prevailing trends in online video, mobile and search, including a special review of social, shopping and silver surfers.
Key insights include:
- UK online population is now at 44.8 million internet users, a 5% increase over the year.
- UK online video audience grows by 8 percent over the year, whilst mobile video audience grows by 262 percent.
- Page views from Non-PCs reached an all-time high with nearly 1/3 of all UK page views now from mobiles and tablets.
- Brits conducted an average of 161 searches per searcher in December 2012.
- 20% of smartphone users have purchased a good or service on their device.
- Social media sites capture the largest number of display ads with 31% share of impressions.
- Online shopping has long become the norm with 9 out of 10 UK internet users visiting retail sites, and mobile shopping is escalating with 1 in 5 Brits using their smartphone to purchase a good or service in December 2012.
Register now to find out where the UK digital industry is heading and what these trends mean for marketers.
Cathy McCarthy, comScore VP of Marketing, EMEA & APAC
5 三月 10:00 am - 11:00 am