2014 Peru Digital Future in Focus
The 2014 Peru Digital Future in Focus report provides a year in review of the major shifts in digital consumer behavior that occurred in various online sectors, including social media, e-commerce, travel and finance.
Highlights from the report include:
- Peru has 5.8 million users online, showing a 17% growth for April 2014 versus April 2013, in line with Latin America. The audience mainly consists of men between 15 and 24 years old.
- Peru is closing the gap with Chile for the number of online users.
- Facebook leads the social network rankings, followed by LinkedIn.
- Online banking in Peru had a growth of 12% compared to last year.
- Android is the dominant operating system of mobile devices in Peru.
- The Social Media category leads with users spending more minutes online by PC/Laptop than any other category.