Terms and Conditions for Participation in comScore Academy
- To attend a course, participant must register through the comScore website (www.comscore.com/Academy). Additionally, an existing client in the United States may arrange for an in-company course through its comScore account representative.
- For courses based in Europe, upon receipt of the registration, comScore Academy will confirm the participant’s registration by e-mail.
- For courses based in the United States, registration shall be final upon comScore Academy’s receipt of participant’s payment.
2. Registration for Certification tracks
- To receive discounted pricing for Certification tracks, participants must pre-purchase the Certification package. If participant signs up for the three individual open enrollment courses that qualify for a certification and decides later to take the exam for certification, participant will not be refunded the difference between the price which participant paid and the certification package price. Participant will also be charged an administrative fee to take the certification exam.
3. Invoicing and Payment
- Payment for United States based courses that do not meet one of the exceptions set out below must be made by credit card through the comScore website, or, in instances where the participant is an existing client, in accordance with the payment terms set forth in the applicable contract.
- For non-US based courses, in-house courses, large group discounts, or in cases where an individual cannot use a credit card to pay for registration, comScore Academy will invoice participant after the receipt of the above mentioned confirmation. Such invoiced amount shall be due and payable within 30 days from invoice date.
4. Cancellation, postponement and non-attendance
- In the event that participant cancels its registration within 10 business days or more before the date of the course, participant shall remain responsible for 20% of the registration fees for such course. Participant will be responsible for 100% of the registration fees for such course in the event that participant fails to cancel registration within 10 business days before the date of the course.
- If the participant is unable to attend the course, a replacement participant can attend such course in the registered participant’s place at no extra charge by contacting comScore Academy at Academy@comScore.com. However, in the event that a replacement participant does not attend the course on participant’s behalf, participant will remain responsible for 100% of the of the registration fees for such course.
- Courses shall be held on the condition that there are a sufficient number of participants for each respective course. In the event comScore Academy cancels a course, participant can elect to be scheduled for another course within the same geography or to receive a refund of the prepaid registration fees for such course. In the event that participant elects to be scheduled for another course, participant must take such course within a year from the cancellation date of the cancelled course.
- comScore Academy shall make reasonable efforts to ensure the courses are held on time and on the scheduled dates. Participant will be informed of any course cancellation as soon as possible. comScore Academy shall not be liable if any course is cancelled because of an act of God, fire, flood, earthquake, transportation disruption, war, insurrection, labor dispute, or any other occurrence beyond the reasonable control of comScore Academy. Participant is fully responsible for its travel, and accommodations, and under no circumstance will comScore Academy be responsible for the refund of airfare, hotel, or other personal travel expenses to participant.
5. Intellectual property rights
- Any intellectual property rights (including but not limited to: copyright, trademark, patent, and all other intellectual property rights) or industrial property rights with respect to the materials provided by comScore Academy shall remain comScore’s sole property.
- The course materials provided by comScore Academy may not be reproduced or made public.
6. Applicable law and disputes
- The laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall apply to all comScore Academy agreements without regard to conflict of law principles thereof.
- Any disputes in connection with comScore Academy agreements shall be submitted to the irrevocable exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Virginian courts.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL COMSCORE ACADEMY, ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (I) SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; OR (II) LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES, LOSS OF BUSINESS ADVANTAGE OR RELATED HARMS, EVEN IF COMSCORE ACADEMY KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ADDITIONALLY, THE COURSE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED TO PARTICIPANT “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER COMSCORE ACADEMY WAS ADVISED OF PARTICIPANT’S INTENDED APPLICATION OF THE COURSE MATERIALS.