Marketing to Millennials: 5 Things Every Marketer Should Know
Millennials, the generation born beginning in 1980 (and defined for the purposes of this analysis as adults ages 18-34), are an extremely unique demographic segment with digital media consumption habits that vary greatly from older generations. While those age 35 and older still comprise the majority of media audiences in the U.S., Millennials account for a disproportionate share of total screen time and provide a useful glimpse at what the future of media consumption will look like. Because their media consumption habits serve as a leading indicator for the broader media landscape, understanding how to market to this valuable demographic is vital to brands, agencies and media companies seeking to stay ahead of the curve.
Key questions to be answered in this whitepaper include:
- How much more time do Millennials spend online and on mobile than their older counterparts?
- How many Millennials own a smartphone? Do they prefer Android or iPhones?
- Do Millennials still use Facebook? Which other social networks do they engage with?
- How do Millennials prefer to watch TV compared to other age segments? What about their behavior makes them harder to reach with TV ads?
- Why should marketers focus on digital platforms for advertising to Millennials?
Tags: Ad Impressions, Demografische gegevens, Marketingonderzoek, Mobiel, Social, Video