2013 Japan Digital Future in Focus
comScore presents the 2013 Japan Digital Future in Focus, its report highlighting prevailing trends in web and mobile usage, online video, social media, digital advertising, and e-commerce.
Key insights from the 2013 Japan Digital Future in Focus (#FutureinFocus) report include:
- With only 34% users below 35 years of age and twice the global average of users above 55 years, Japan’s online audience is more mature.
- 54% of Japanese mobile users are above 45 years old, the highest among the Developed Markets.
- Japanese online retail reach of 86% is amongst the highest in the world, ahead of the world average by 9%.
- Japanese entertainment and online video sites are very popular and receive almost twice the APAC average for amount of time spent.
- Twitter reaches more users than any other social network in Japan.
- YouTube is the most popular Japanese entertainment site, but users spend 240% more time on NicoVideo as compared to YouTube in Japan.