State of the Canadian Mobile Nation
2011 was a pivotal year for the mobile industry in Canada, marked by the dramatic rise of smartphones in the mainstream and a cultural shift toward cross-platform digital media consumption. As mobile plays a growing role in comprehensive digital marketing strategies, it is more important than ever to understand the current trends that are shaping the Canadian mobile landscape and how these trends are defining the future of the industry.
This presentation includes key insights from the comScore’s MobiLens survey, examining the prevailing trends driving growth in the industry and what these mean for the future of mobile in Canada.
Key questions to be addressed include:
- How has the rapid adoption of smartphones in Canada influenced mobile media, and how are these devices bridging consumers’ digital and physical worlds?
- Which OS and OEM brands ranked as Canada’s top players and which saw the strongest growth?
- What are the most popular activities Canadians are performing on their phone and what mobile media categories are seeing the fastest growth in terms of audience?
- How are ‘smart shoppers’ disrupting the traditional retail sales funnel as smartphones enter brick-and-mortar stores?
- How is mobile connectivity shaping cross-platform digital media consumption?
Darrick Li, Manager, Media Metrix Canada, comScore, Inc.
Conference Registration and Additional Information