Digital Banking Industry Trends and Observations
Evènement: Forum: Fiserv Client Conference
This presentation covers how consumers are using traditional PCs, as well as smartphones and tablets, to access information, apps and financial information and are making purchases in ever changing ways. We will also share how the connected device landscape has changed over the last 12 months and provide insights into what could be changing in the future.
Key takeaways from the presentation include:
The Digital Omnivore has emerged.
- Americans now spend more time on mobile platforms (smartphones + mobile) than on desktop computers.
- The average financial services brand now sees a fifth of their monthly audiences coming exclusively from mobile platforms.
- Financial institutions MUST have a mobile strategy.
Successful Multi-Platform Marketing can mean the difference between realizing valuable opportunities vs. suffering damaging consequences.
- Mobile devices have helped accelerate the movement of bank servicing, card acquisition, and increased pricing power for the consumer.
Device and platform differences require careful planning – there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
- Consumers are more likely to use apps on a smartphone and to use their tablets like a desktop and access content via a browser.
- Additional considerations must be given to new and emerging capabilities such as NFC, QR, and BLE.
Tags: e-Commerce, Finance, m-Commerce, Multi-Platform