2013 Argentina Digital Future in Focus
Ana Laura Zain
Evento: comScore Whitepaper
comScore presents the 2013 Argentina Digital Future in Focus, its report on prevailing trends in changing digital behavior, online video and mobile, including a special review of social, shopping and sports.
Key insights from the 2013 Argentina Digital Future in Focus report include:
- The Argentinian online population tends to be older than the regional average, with nearly 25 percent of internet users age 45 and older. Users age 55 and older spend the most time online, with nearly 24 hours on average per user in August 2013.
- Half of Argentina’s online population accessed Sports sites in August, ahead of both the regional average (44 percent) and worldwide average (39 percent).
- Online Retail Sites continue to grow in Argentina, reaching nearly 74 percent of its total online audience in August 203. Alibaba.com was the fastest gaining property of the top 10 most-visited Retail websites, growing 96 percent in the past year.
- Argentina is the third most highly engaged social networking market worldwide, with users spending an average of 9 hours in the category in August 2013.
- Mobile phones and tablets continue to account for a growing amount of digital traffic. Argentina now sees 7.9 percent of all web-based page views consumed beyond the personal computer, predominantly on smartphones and tablets.
- Internet users in Argentina are the most likely in Latin America to view online video content, with more than 95 percent of Argentina’s internet population doing so in August 2013.
Please note that the 2013 Argentina Digital Future in Focus report is part of comScore’s Future in Focus series. To obtain more detailed insights into mobile trends or the digital landscape for major markets around the world, please visit www.comscore.com/FutureinFocus2013.
Tag: Demographics, Shopping, Social, Sports, Video