Next-Generation Campaign Validation & Optimization: A Sprint Case Study
In a world where digital advertising is growing and changing at a rapid clip, it is no wonder that more and more advertisers are seeking greater accountability and transparency when it comes to online ad delivery and validation. As advertisers move more dollars to digital, they want to be sure their ads have the chance to make an impact -- which inherently means that the ad must have had an opportunity to be seen by the target consumer, in the right geography, next to appropriate "brand safe" content and not subject to fraud.
During this presentation, comScore VP of Advertising Effectiveness, Anne Hunter, and Sprint Media Director, Andrea Molette, will present findings from a US-based vCE™ Charter Study, involving 12 leading U.S. advertisers, including Sprint. The study aims to provide a better understanding issues relating to campaign delivery and validated measurement. Ms. Hunter and Ms. Molette will answer key questions from the Charter as well as reveal implications for Sprint:
- What percent of ad impressions were never actually viewed by the target consumer? How does this differ on large, premium content sites versus smaller sites or ad networks?
- What percent of ad impressions are delivered outside of the target demo and audience? How does this differ based on category, targeting strategy or market?
- How prevalent is the delivery of ads in brand unsafe environments? What industry(ies) does this happen in most often, and what impact might that have on a brand?
- What do these findings mean for brand advertisers today, and what can be done to combat some of these issues?
- How do these findings impact digital advertising effectiveness, and how can we be sure that our measurement eliminates impressions that didn't have a chance to make an impact?
- How can in-flight campaign optimization improve delivery, enhance accountability and ultimately generate a stronger ROI in digital?
- Importantly, when we measure the effectiveness of advertising with validated impressions versus non-validated impressions, how do the results differ, and what are the implications of these findings?
Anne Hunter, SVP Advertising Effectiveness, comScore, Inc. and Andrea Molette, Media Director, Sprint
Conference Registration and Additional Information