2013 China–Taiwan–Hong Kong Digital Future in Focus
Evento: comScore Whitepaper
comScore presents the 2013 China–Taiwan–Hong Kong Digital Future in Focus, it’s report providing an overview of key digital media usage trends in the region. The report includes detailed data and analysis on the prevailing activity in the social media, online video, search, and e-commerce markets. Also included is analysis of online market trends in Online Retail & Travel, Real Estate, News & Information, Career Services & Development, Automotive, and Beauty, Fashion & Style.
Key insights from the 2013 China–Taiwan–Hong Kong Digital Future in Focus report (#FutureinFocus) include:
- China Has the Largest Home & Work Internet Population in the World as 347 Million Users Represent 54 Percent of All Internet Users in Asia Pacific
- Young males between the ages of 15-24 are the heaviest internet users in Hong Kong, spending more than twice the amount of time online as compared to their mainland Chinese counterparts.
- The online audience in mainland China skews younger than the global average, whilst Hong Kong’s online audience is more mature with 40 percent of internet users age 45 and older.
- 87 percent of China’s web population views an average of 30 billion online videos each month, though Hong Kong has a higher videos per viewer ratio.
- Chinese users spend nearly 2.5 hours on retail sites every month, the highest in the region and 187 percent higher than the global average
Tags: Ad Validation, e-Commerce, Internet Use, Media & Entertainment, Mobile