Terms and Conditions for Participation in comScore Academy
1. Registration and requirements
- Certain comScore courses, webinars, open enrollment workshops and/or certification exams (collectively "courses") require participants to register through submitting a duly filled-out registration form ("registration form") on www.comscore.com/Academy, prior to the first scheduled date of the course.
- Each participant must have a MyMetrix account with password that is valid at the time the course is taken.
- Registration shall be final upon comScore’s receipt of the registration form.
- If the course has been purchased by or on behalf of an existing comScore client ("Client"), then, except as specifically set forth in these terms of participation for comScore Courses ("terms of participation"), all of the terms and conditions set forth in the Service Order, Master Services Agreement, Partner Agreement or other agreement, as the case may be, in which the course has been purchased (collectively, "contract"), will continue in full force and effect. In the event of any inconsistencies between these terms participation and the contract, the terms of these terms of participation will govern.
- Unless explicitly agreed in the contract, any course must be attended within one year from the registration date, and any right to participate in a course shall then expire without refund.
2. Invoicing and Payment
- Payment for courses that do not meet one of the exceptions set out below must be made by credit card upon registration, or, where the course has been ordered by or on behalf of a Client, in accordance with the payment terms set forth in the applicable contract.
- In cases where a participant cannot use a credit card to pay upon registration, comScore will invoice the Client or the participant (as the case may be) after receipt of the registration form. Unless agreed otherwise in the contract, such invoiced amount shall be due and payable prior to the first scheduled date of the course, but in any case within 30 days from invoice date.
- If a course is sold to a client in a contract, the participant will still be required to register. In such a case comScore will provide the participant with a registration code to use during the registration process in lieu of online payment.
3. Provisions applicable to all courses
- Unless the course has been purchased by or on behalf of a Client, a participant may cancel its registration for a course until 10 business days before the date of the course, in which case participant shall remain responsible for 20% of the fees for such course. For the avoidance of doubt, if participant cancels its registration for a course at a later date, participant shall remain responsible for 100% of the fees for such course.
- If the participant is unable to attend the course, participant may request comScore to allow a replacement participant to attend such course in the registered participant’s place at no extra charge, by sending a request to this effect to Academy@comScore.com.
- comScore shall be entitled to cancel courses if the number of participants is insufficient, if the course leader is unavailable for any unforeseeable reason (such as illness or accident) or if the course is rendered commercially unfeasible because of an act of God, fire, flood, earthquake, transportation disruption, war, insurrection, labor dispute, or any other occurrence beyond the reasonable control of comScore. In such case, comScore shall notify the participant as soon as possible, and participant may elect to be scheduled for a replacement course or to receive a refund of the prepaid registration fees for such course, but participant shall remain fully responsible any of his costs or expenses (like for travel and accommodations), and under no circumstance will comScore be responsible for the refund or compensation thereof.
4. Provisions specific to certification exams
- Participants will be required to subscribe the policies outlined in the MyMetrix Certification Handbook available at www.comscore.com/MyMetrix-Certification.
- Certification exams must be taken in a 2-week time slots per calendar quarter, as scheduled by comScore.
- Participants who are unable to participate in the time slot for which they had registered (or, if the had not registered for any specific time slot, the first available time slot), shall be allowed to participate in the next available time slot by sending a request to that effect to MyMetrixCertification@comScore.com.
5. Intellectual property rights
- Any intellectual property rights (including but not limited to: copyright, trademark, patent, and all other intellectual property rights) or industrial property rights with respect to any course shall remain comScore’s sole property.
- The course materials provided by comScore may not be reproduced or made public.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL COMSCORE, ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (I) SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; OR (II) LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES, LOSS OF BUSINESS ADVANTAGE OR RELATED HARMS, EVEN IF COMSCORE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ADDITIONALLY, THE COURSE IS PROVIDED TO PARTICIPANT “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER COMSCORE WAS ADVISED OF PARTICIPANT’S INTENDED APPLICATION OF THE COURSE.
7. Applicable law and disputes
- The laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall apply to these terms of participation without regard to the conflict of law principles thereof.