2013 Europe Digital Future in Focus
Comscore presents its 2013 Europe Digital Future in Focus report, providing an overview of the European digital landscape and identifying the prevailing trends in web usage, online video, mobile and search. The report also includes a special scorecard section, which shows the top sites for all 18 European countries measured by Comscore as well as an overview of top news, retail and online banking sites per market.
Here are some key highlights from the 2013 Europe Digital Future in Focus report:
- 408.3 million people in Europe went online via a PC or laptop in December 2012, a 7 percent increase over the past year.
- Turkey has the biggest proportion of young internet users (aged 15-24) in Europe, whilst Germany has the largest share of older users (aged 55+).
- Over 23 million people in the EU5 countries had a smartphone as well as a tablet in the three month average ending December 2012.
- Social media captures the most PC screen time in Europe with users spending 6.7 hours per month on social networking sites and blogs.
- 8 in 10 European internet users visited a news/information site in December 2012 – time spent on these sites increased by 10 percent throughout the year.
- 14.1 percent of EU5 smartphone owners purchased a product or service via their device in the three month average ending December 2012.
- 2 in 3 Dutch internet users visited a banking site in December 2012, whilst only 18.8 percent of Swiss users visited a site in this category.