Vice President, Sales Operations
Job Title: Vice President, Sales Operations
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
The VP Sales Operations is responsible for defining the strategy for and overseeing execution of all sales operational activities; supporting execution of the commercial strategy; and driving incremental revenue through opportunity sourcing. This Quarterback of our Go to Market Strategy will drive initiatives across the following areas:Move Comscore from a Contract Value (CV) model of sales recognition to a Revenue driven modelSalesforce (SFDC) Support Systems and Process Improvement/AutomationSupport in the development of opportunities/target lists to drive incremental sales revenue forecasting Business Intelligence (metrics, KPIs, sales segmentation strategy)Reporting Strategy and SystemsAlignment of sales goals with incentive plans; performance measurementCV Attribution strategy and operational approachHandling quote system administration (CPQ)Implementing best practice sales operations methodologies
What You'll Do:
You are a leader with functional experience in sales operations across multiple organizations, preferably with experience in the technology industry and with public companies. You are comfortable working in an environment that is constantly changing, with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks while working cross-functionally. You have a strong analytical background, with an ability to use data to be an agent for change and progress in aligning the sales strategy with the direction and needs of the organization.
- Define the strategy and leads the process for setting sales targets. In 2020, that process will include moving Comscore to a Revenue driven model for sales plans and targets requiring the successful candidate to work with multiple leaders departments to successfully implement this broad change.
- Work with the CCO and other key stakeholders in developing the annual revenue plan based on historical trends, industry growth expectations and execution priorities
- Develop, oversee and administer the companys worldwide sales forecast
- Define the strategy and methodology for consistent definition and submission of sales forecasts
- Maintain relationships with sales personnel to ensure timely, accurate and prompt forecast submissions
- Set standards, rules and discipline around CV attribution, account management/dispersion, and goal achievement
- Own responsibility for defining the business intelligence strategy define metrics and KPIs for sales team; build reporting/monitoring tools. This includes providing thought leadership and operational support for: pipeline and business metrics analysis; M&A integration; and S&S executive planning
- Participate in designing the companys sales incentive and compensation plans in partnership with our Director of Compensation
- Define strategy and process for calculating and delivering sales incentives
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of technology initiatives to increase sales productivity and automate sales and operational activities (i.e. business intelligence, Salesforce (SFDC) automation, customer relationship management)
- Drive pricing strategy, review and documentation initiatives
- Define strategic sales segmentation and implement the systems and processes required to execute an effective segmentation strategyInteract closely with the global Commercial Leaders other senior management to set company policy regarding sales operations, CV crediting and forecasting
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of 8-9 sales operations professionals
What You'll Need:
- Undergraduate degree required (Finance, Accounting or Technical/Engineering preferred);
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years progressive experience in sales operations role. Preference for candidate with experience working in multiple companies with the ability to bring best practices to bear on complex business problems
- Experience managing the sales operations function for a publicly traded company a must
- Demonstrated experience in sales process design and associated methodologies.
- Experience with the strategic design of back-office systems (i.e. ERP, CRM, SFA) required to support a large and globally dispersed Sales operation; ability to translate business needs into technology requirements
- Specific experience with Salesforce (SFDC) required. Experience with Xactly strongly preferred. Experience with NetSuite, Microsoft AX, and/or Workday a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and execution of scalable Sales compensation models
- Excellent project management, organizational, and people management skills; proven ability to deliver projects and manage multi-project complexity
- Outstanding communication (oral, writing and presentation skills).
- Must demonstrate high EQ and the ability work well across multiple countries, continents, teams and personalities in a highly matrixed corporate environment
- Professional presence and demeanor and the ability to rapidly gain the respect of C-level executives and other key leaders throughout the company
- Extreme detail orientation and ability to instill that value in others
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Vice President, Sales Operations
Req ID: 22074
Wenn Sie sich bereits bei uns registriert / angemeldet haben und Ihr Profil bearbeiten oder entfernen, Informationen anfordern oder in den Status Ihrer Bewerbung einsehen möchten, melden Sie sich bitte hier an.Login