Tablet Boosts Audience for Beauty, Fashion & Style Sites
Mobile platforms and tools have revolutionized online interactions and changed the way brands reach and communicate with their audiences. The fashion industry is no exception to these transformations, and has been adapting to new formats. These strategies have been effective, creating significant digital presence for the category on handheld platforms and boosting their overall digital footprint.
In November 2016:
- More than 35 million unique visitors in Latin America browsed the sites of fashion brands.
- They visit the category on average 4 times per month.
Total Desktop Unique Visitors (000) and % Reach by country in Latin America in the Beauty, Fashion, Style Category.
- Predictably, Brazil leads the way in terms of overall visitors, but it also demonstrates relatively higher reach than other countries in the region, with 1 in 4 online users visiting Beauty, Fashion or Style sites in the month.
- 54% of unique visitors of fashion sites are women, but men, who represent the remaining 46% of Latin American users, also show a high level of interest in fashion and trends.
- Demographic data also suggests that older users demonstrate a higher frequency of visits to fashion sites and an increased time spent per user on them.
It is no surprise that mobile devices have altered the digital landscape significantly in recent years, but the highly visual Beauty / Fashion / Style category has especially benefitted from the larger screens of tablet devices, as demonstrated in Mexico where more people visit on tablets than the Retail, Travel and Weather categories. This is especially impressive considering that the retail category includes huge brand-name sites like Ticketmaster, eBay and Amazon.
Latin America’s largest fashion and beauty sites on Desktop
Yahoo Style & Beauty Network leads the Beauty / Fashion / Style category in Latin America with 5.9 million unique visitors on desktop, followed by the Brazilian websites Rede MdeMulher with 4.5 million unique visitors and UOL Lifestyle with 4 million unique visitors.
For more information on specific Comscore studies or products contact us here.