Manager, External Reporting
Job Title: Manager, External Reporting
Location: Reston, VA
Comscore, a leading technology company in the entertainment measurement industry, is seeking a Manager of External Reporting in our Reston, VA headquarters. The ideal candidate will manage elements of Comscore's SEC reporting and ensuring compliance with US GAAP as well as SEC and FASB rules and regulations in financial reports, company records and material transactions. This position is responsible for staff oversight and coaching to ensure the production of accurate financial statements and disclosures in required SEC periodic filings (i.e. 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K) as well as other external and governmental reports and releases.
What You’ll Do:
- Review draft preparations and oversee coordination of review, and filing of SEC documents, including Form 10-K and Form 10-Q. Review documentation to ensure team compliance with GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Review interpretation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, revise, review, and update documentation required for accounting policies and project manage the task to oversee the company wide implementation of those policies.
- Analyze accounting research and review documentation and recommend alternative and appropriate financial reporting presentation and disclosure requirements for proposed or actual transactions.Review tie-out support prepared by others for financial reporting and SOX compliance.
- Oversee documentation of the SOX process. Primarily responsible for leading performance and documentation of internal controls over external financial reporting.Work with all divisions, as well as, independent auditors to understand, research, finalize, financial reporting issues and interpretations.
- Ensure there is global consistency with financial reporting.
- Oversee the preparation of ad hoc projects and prepare responses to various requests for information.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA candidacy required.
- Eight to ten years of accounting and reporting experience.
- Background in “Big 4” public accounting and corporate financial reporting experience required.
- Knowledge and 3-4 years of experience with SEC reporting required.
- Demonstrated self-starter. Must have excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Attention to details is a required skill.
- Requires standard computer skills. Candidate must have working ability with Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word and Outlook. Candidate must have ability to perform technical research using various research tools. It is preferred that Candidate has some working knowledge of Workiva.
- Strong project management skills to establish and meet deadlines.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Manager, External Reporting
Req ID: 21611
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.ログイン
Join the Talent Network
New roles become available frequently. Join our Talent Network and we will keep you updated on all the happenings at Comscore and alert you when there is a role that might be exactly what you are looking for!Register now