Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller
Job Title: Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller
Location: Reston, VA
The Corporate Controller is responsible for accounting operations, the monthly close process, compliance with accounting policies, and regulatory and operational reporting requirements. The position oversees all activities surrounding the general ledger, financial reporting and technical accounting including consolidation and revenue recognition as well as all related financial systems. In addition, the Corporate Controller will be responsible for all external financial filings, including 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K documents, and compliance with SOX. The Controller will leverage leadership skills in a dynamic, collaborative environment to promote process and system improvements that will lead to improving operating results. This position must be able to understand business trends and transactions and ensure effective controls, manage several key employees and their teams in ensuring GAAP compliance.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the world-wide consolidation and accounting close process
- Ownership of the external financial reporting responsibilities, including all financial SEC filings
- Primary relationship with external auditors and lead the external audit activities including the annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Communication with key stakeholders to execute high-quality, informative, timely financial reporting
- Ensure strong internal control safeguards are implemented and maintained by working with internal audit team to ensure SOX compliance
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of all financial reporting controls as defined by Sarbanes-Oxley for the various corporate groups (IT, Legal, HR, PR, Business Development) as well as Corporate Accounting
- Meet with Disclosure and Audit Committee to report compliance with SOX, GAAP and SEC filings
- Provide technical accounting leadership including development and maintenance of global accounting policies and procedures and ensuring standardization/consistency of accounting practices and worldwide compliance with applicable standards, including revenue recognition
- Responsible for timely filing of international statutory audits
- Work with the FP&A team to ensure the financial reporting needs of internal and external stakeholders are supported and needed operational insights are provided
- Work with Investor Relations on earnings reports and other external financial communication
- Oversee the implementation of a new ERP system
- Develop and mentor the financial team staff to help support the company's strategy
What You'll Need:
- Experienced finance professional with 15+ years with a publicly-traded multinational company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or FinanceCPA and/or MBA preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP related to the technology industry, including revenue recognition
- Experience in financial reporting, SEC regulations, statutory audits and SOX
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior management
- Implementing and updating corporate accounting systems
- Leadership presence
- Highly proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms.
With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller
Req ID: 22666
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.ログイン