2014 Uruguay Digital Future in Focus
The “2014 Uruguay Digital Future in Focus” presentation analyzes online audience trends by category and demography, and predicts the trends to come in digital advertising in 2015.
During the presentation, Marcos Christensen, Country Director, Argentina & Uruguay at Comscore shared key insights including:
- In October 2014, the online audience in Latin America was made up of 170 million unique visitors, of which 1.5 million are Uruguayans.
- The online audience in Uruguay grew 8% and consists mainly of people less than 35 years old.
- Total visits grew 10% from February to October.
- Social Media is the category with more minutes spent during PC/Laptop usage for Uruguayans.
- The sub category Consumer Goods shows an increase of 147% in the same period.
- Google Sites, Facebook and Microsoft Sites are the main online properties in Uruguay.
- Uruguay leads for the most average minutes spent per visitor on Social Media sites in Latin America.
- In Uruguay and Latin America, there is a huge growth opportunity for access through mobile devices. Android and Windows have gained market in Uruguay.