Senior Data Analyst (TV)
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst (TV)
Location: Portland, OR
Reports To: Vice President, Best Practices
This position, within the new Information Quality team has a vital role in ensuring the quality and accuracy of comScore’s TV audience reporting data serving the needs of the national and local TV industries. The position will play an important part in finding and tracing the causes of data issues as well as investigating ways to improve our quality and drive down the error rate.
The position performs a variety of complicated tasks and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Investigate reported data issues, confirm their validity, identify causes and recommend solutions in a timely manner
• Design and prepare procedures to test the integrity of comScore’s source data, calculations, and output.
• Independently identify and prepare appropriate data queries, analytical techniques, data, and methods to validate our processes and answer questions related to quality assurance.
• Document data defects using a bug tracking system (JIRA) and report defects to appropriate staff and team members.
• Monitor resolution efforts and track successes.
• Create or maintain databases of known data defects.
• Support client-facing and operational teams by investigating problems and assisting with problem resolution.
• Some travel could be required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience/knowledge.
• 3+ years of data analysis experience.
• Expertise in SAS, Qlikview, or other software languages which can be used to develop testing and investigation tools.
• Experience using JIRA.
• General familiarity with media industry (television, home entertainment, advertising, etc.) and practices, is a plus.
• Knowledge of comScore’s linear TVE/SVE products, business rules, calculations, and site navigation, is a plus.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Excellent SQL skills.
• Proven logic, math, and analytical skills.
• A comprehensive range of cognitive and practical skills required to develop testing and investigative solutions to quality assurance challenges.
• Ability to define, prepare, and execute validation processes, including SQL queries of internal and external data sources.
• Critical thinker with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative approaches.
• Positive role model for others on the team in work habits, attitude, helpfulness.
• Strong self-starter with a proven work ethic and ability to work without constant direction.
• Documents steps, has ability to find old work/results, and keeps track of on-hold projects, knowing what was done when. Suggests ways the group can become better organized.
• Reliably assesses and communicates risks of deploying software under tight testing schedules and management pressure.
• Seeks out, manages, and coordinates company-wide resources who are assisting with validation efforts.
• Ability to handle multiple projects while consistently meeting or exceeding deadlines, working longer hours when needed.
• Works well with others to meet overall deadlines, taking on more work as needed.
• Volunteers for new projects, going beyond outlined project steps, anticipating management requests.
• Eagerness to learn new skills.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Data Analyst (TV)
Req ID: 19892
Search all jobs
Don't see your ideal role listed? Join the Talent Network.
New roles become available frequently. Join our Talent Network and we'll keep you updated on all the happenings at comScore and alert you when there is a role that might be exactly what you are looking for!Register Now
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.Login