2015 Online Auto Insurance Shopping Report
The 2015 Online Auto Insurance Shopping Report provides a detailed analysis of overall industry trends and the attitudes and intentions of consumers shopping for auto insurance online. In addition, the study reports on the volume of online quote requests and highlights customer preferences on purchasing channels and key factors driving the decision-making process.
Key insights from the full 2015 Online Auto Insurance Shopping Report Include:
- A consistent portion of people consider switching their auto insurer each year… but a majority of them don’t actually switch (57% considered switching in 2015 and 13% actually did so)
- 46% of consumers say they shopped for insurance in the past year, by and large driven by price (66%)
- Of consumers that shopped in the past year, 71% of them did so online
- Price is the most important factor for consumers when purchasing auto insurance
- Consumers are increasingly focused on protecting the value of their assets/possessions when purchasing auto insurance
- 74% of consumers who have never purchased a policy online cite the desire to meet or speak with an agent as the top barrier to future online policy purchase
If you have any questions about the report, or would like to purchase past reports, please contact Sarah Lenart at firstname.lastname@example.org.