Associate Data Analyst
Job Title: Associate Data Analyst
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
Comscore is a leading cross platform audience measurement company that measures what matters to make audiences and advertising more valuable. We are seeking a Data Analyst, in our Reston VA location, to mine our vast array of data assets and generate insights for our customers (internal and external).
The analyst is responsible for improving data quality, robustness of our processes, and enhancement of methodologies. You must be self-motivated, possess strong communication and storytelling skills, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment while managing shifting priorities. You must iterate rapidly and be comfortable taking educated risks.
Are you passionate about internet technology? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of advertising measurement? This individual should have a passion for driving and improving digital operations standards, supporting internet measurement products in multiple markets, and ultimately help scale data solutions to meet market demands. This role requires hands on data analysis, daily creative problem solving, developing new or improving existing advertising measurement solutions, and above all, delivering against Comscore's operations objectives.
Problems we are solving:
What, where, when, and how do people consume content and advertising? Which networks, sites, and platforms are changing the behavior of consumer consumption? How and where is traditional TV viewing shifting towards internet connected devices and how is it shifting advertising budgets? What is the total audience for advertisers with fragmented content across TV, computer, and mobile?
What You'll Do:
- Be a data methodology expert on Comscore's advertising measurement solutions, validated Campaign Essentials and Campaign Ratings
- Deep dive into our complex data processes to determine the best way to monitor inputs to our demographic models over time and alert on potential issues
- Track and visualize trends in campaign performance to draw insights and/or solve client-driven data investigations, communicating to product management and client-facing teams
- Work with the audit team to generate reports on our data methodologies to support accreditation for our products
- Develop advertising solutions end-to-end from the raw data and backend data processes to the user interface
- Exercise your experience in the development lifecycle through analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of this system.
- Test new process improvements or methodology updates and integrate into production process.
- Collaborate with teams in Software Engineering, Statistical Methods, and Product Management to deliver timely and quality data.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject such as Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, etc.
- 2-4 years of PROFESSIONAL and RELEVANT experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data.
- Strong experience with SQL and knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficiently retrieving data.
- Passion for understanding and improving processes
- Ability to think creatively and solve complex problems.
- Ability to autonomously manage and drive forward multiple projects in a fast-paced business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- The nature of the teams dynamics will require an individual that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members, as well as complete tasks individually as assigned.
- Hadoop or other comparable MapReduce experience
- Understanding of statistical methods and object oriented methodologies
- Experience with panel data and/or Internet behavior data
- Knowledge of the advertising industry
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Associate Data Analyst
Req ID: 21245
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.ログイン
Join the Talent Network
New roles become available frequently. Join our Talent Network and we will keep you updated on all the happenings at Comscore and alert you when there is a role that might be exactly what you are looking for!Register now