Senior Software Engineer
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Portland, OR (PDX or Downtown Office)
About This Role:
The Software Engineer as a member of the Linear Operator Team will deliver solutions to internal and external customers. This includes the design, modification, development and implementation of software programming applications. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements. Our clients include movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and technical expertise to help derive new insights into their industry and gain a competitive advantage.
What You’ll Do:
- Modifies, writes and documents software programming applications
- Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features and input and output requirements
- Works with stakeholders to understand problem statements and suggest possible implementations
- Demonstrates personal ownership and takes accountability for larger assigned tasks
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs
- Consults with client to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to meet needs
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems or questions about programs
- May train end users or technical support staff to use programs.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related area preferred, as well as 3 or more years of experience in software engineering or an equivalent combination
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with Java and the JVM. Experience in the design and development of web-based APIs; We are currently utilizing JSON over HTTP(S)
- Experience with working with large data sets utilizing SQL based databases is a plus; PostgreSQL experience is another plus
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) along with a track record of success completing often ambiguous projects
- Tech stack (candidate should be strong in a multiple areas and interested in learning the others):
- Angular JS
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Senior Software Engineer
Req ID: 21658
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.ログイン
Join the Talent Network
New roles become available frequently. Join our Talent Network and we will keep you updated on all the happenings at Comscore and alert you when there is a role that might be exactly what you are looking for!Register now