Manager, General Accounting
Job Title: Manager, General Accounting
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
Comscore is hiring a Manager, General Accounting in our Reston, VA headquarters. We are seeking a self-motivated, system-savvy, team player with strong process and systems experience and leadership skills. This individual will report to Director, Accounting Operations, and be responsible for managing the General Ledger accounting team. The candidate will be responsible for the month end close process, business process improvement, policy and internal control compliance and financial reporting. This individual will be a proven and capable leader and able to develop and maintain effective cross-functional relationships throughout a global organization.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the month-end close process to ensure accurate, complete and timely financial results
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure all current period accounting activity is captured by the general ledger team
- Review account reconciliations, ensuring resolution of variances and consistency of accounting treatment
- Provide footnote and key financial information to the Financial Reporting and Consolidations team
- Collaborate and/or provide support with policy team for new accounting standard implementations and lead the transition of the on-going process to the general ledger team
- Improve current accounting processes by collaborating with the financial system teams and other accounting groups
- Participate in financial system requirement documentation, testing and implementation of operational accounting functions.
- Document and analyze capitalized software development costs, ensuring compliance with current US GAAP pronouncements
- Assist the internal and external audit teams with documentation, requests and testing for compliance and audit purposes
- Develop and maintain accounting policy and procedures for key close transactions, ensuring an effective internal control environment
- Manage and develop staff on the General Ledger team including providing training, support and feedback as needed
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years of experience across operational accounting areas
- Management experience preferred
- BS degree in Finance/Accounting, CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- A strong, detailed orientation to the review and management of responsibility areas
- Demonstrated customer commitment and work ethic based on strong desire to exceed expectations
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Manager, General Accounting
Req ID: 22668
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.ログイン