Facebook retains Social Media crown for UK Millennials
The multi-platform reach of Social Media sites among UK Millennials in July 2016 was 97.6%, the highest in Europe. Analysing such a mature market helps build a comprehensive picture of 18–34s’ digital networking habits.
Some key findings:
- Facebook’s multi-platform reach in July 2016 among Millennials was a staggering 90.2%, or more than 30 percentage points higher than second-placed Instagram.
- Millennials love mobile devices as networking tools. Mobile reach for Social Media sites for this demographic was 99.3%, compared to a Desktop reach of 91.4%. The star of Mobile? Facebook once again, with a reach of 97.9%.
- Social Media sites are also popular among 35+ audiences. Social Media reached 94% of this target, with Facebook once again topping this list. Contrary to Millennials, 35+ audiences still preferred Desktop (91.1% reach) to Mobile (90.2%).
- Not only does Facebook have the highest reach in the category, but it also keeps its audience engaged for much longer. On average, Millennials spent 795 minutes per month on Facebook sites, more than double the time on Snapchat.
- Unsurprisingly, Millennials are more easily reached than 35+ consumers on Social Media sites, where they spend on average 558 minutes longer each month.
MMX and Mobile Metrix can help you understand your target audience and their level of engagement. These metrics can be used to understand how your audience is consuming content, and how that compares to your competitors.
This report uses UKOM approved data.