comScore Networks Appoints Charles Pearson to Lead Consumer Packaged Goods Marketing Solutions
Expanded Capabilities Enable CPG Research Across More than 70 Million Households
RESTON, VA, August 15, 2005 – comScore Networks, an industry leader in the measurement and analysis of consumer behavior and attitudes, today announced the appointment of Charles Pearson as head of its Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Marketing Solutions Group. This group newly integrates and expands capabilities developed in comScore’s CPG practice over more than five years, supplying manufacturers and retailers with a variety of powerful research services.
comScore CPG research solutions harness the power of comScore’s global online consumer panel, as well as its Behavior Activated Research (BAR®) capability operated in conjunction with Catalina Marketing (POS: NYSE). Collectively, these proprietary technologies now enable comScore and its clients to conduct research across a base of more than 70 million households.
Mr. Pearson joined comScore earlier this year as a senior vice president in the company’s comScoreQ2 custom research division, following nearly twenty years of experience with leading market research firms, including Information Resources, ACNielsen, Ipsos-ASI and MarketTools.
“Charles brings to this assignment two decades of experience as a trusted advisor to the CPG industry,” said Gian Fulgoni, chairman of comScore Networks. “In this time, he has provided valuable services to the industry’s most prominent manufacturers, including Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods, General Mills and Nestlé.”
In his new role, Mr. Pearson is responsible for comScore’s full suite of innovative CPG research services. These include:
- Custom survey research using comScore’s massive online panel, which uses proprietary technology and methods to identify and eliminate the “professional respondents” that plague many competitive services
- Cognographic™ descriptors of consumers’ lifestyles, interests, and passions based on comScore’s unique ability to continuously measure panelists’ actual online activities and behavior, while ensuring complete protection of panelist privacy
- Behavior Activated Research (BAR®), which uses Catalina’s unique ability to measure the specific brand and item purchases made by millions of consumers in 18,000 U.S. supermarkets. BAR® uses in-store UPC scanners to identify current and historical purchase activity of interest, and issues invitations to targeted consumers to participate in custom or syndicated research studies.
Reporting to Mr. Pearson is a national team of CPG research veterans, including:
- Susan Robinson, vice president, an expert on BAR® and numerous other applications with 20 years’ experience as a custom research supplier to the CPG industry
- Mike Gray, vice president, who recently joined comScore from MarketTools and brings extensive custom research experience in both supplier and advertising agency roles
- Suzanne Johnson, vice president, who brings prior experience working with CPG manufacturers at leading firms such as MarketTools, GfK and ACNielsen/BASES
- Mary Cooper, vice president, a veteran executive of the supplier (IRI and SAMI/Burke) and manufacturing (Kraft Foods and Anheuser Busch) sides of marketing research.
“After years of work combining the discipline of CPG research with emerging technologies, this position is an ideal next step for me,” said Mr. Pearson. “comScore has long been known for its commitment to insight and innovation, and I’m delighted to lead the company’s CPG team to take this practice to a new level.”
For more information about research and consulting services available through the comScore CPG Solution Center, please visit www.comscore.com or email email@example.com.
About comScore Networks
comScore Networks provides unparalleled insight into consumer behavior and attitudes. This capability is based on a massive, global cross-section of more than 2 million consumers who have given comScore explicit permission to confidentially capture their browsing and transaction behavior, including online and offline purchasing. comScore panelists also participate in survey research that captures and integrates their attitudes and intentions. Through its patent-pending technology, comScore measures what matters across a broad spectrum of behavior and attitudes. comScore consultants apply this deep knowledge of customers and competitors to help clients design powerful marketing strategies and tactics that deliver superior ROI. comScore services are used by global leaders such as Microsoft, Verizon, Best Buy, The Newspaper Association of America, Knight Ridder Digital, Nestlé, Wells Fargo & Company, GlaxoSmithKline, and Orbitz. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com.
+1 312 775 6510