Comscore Earns MRC Accreditation for Sophisticated Invalid Traffic (SIVT) Detection and Filtration on Mobile Apps
Latest MRC Approval Gives Comscore SIVT Accreditation Across All Key Digital Media Touchpoints
Reston, VA, December 4, 2017 -- Comscore today announced that the company has been granted accreditation by the Media Rating Council (MRC) for its Sophisticated Invalid Traffic (SIVT*) detection and filtration of mobile in-app traffic, putting Comscore among the first measurement providers to offer MRC accredited SIVT protection for campaigns across desktop, mobile web and in-app digital platforms.
This latest milestone expands upon Comscore’s 2016 previously-granted SIVT accreditation for vCE and the desktop-based MMX services, which made the company the first measurement provider to gain accreditation for SIVT practices for both content and campaign measurement. Addressing the ongoing threat of invalid traffic requires sophisticated data science techniques to detect and filter suspicious activity.
“We are pleased to receive MRC accreditation for our sophisticated IVT detection in the mobile in-app environment, which completes our accreditation for this capability across all desktop and mobile digital touchpoints,” said Josh Chasin, chief research officer at Comscore. “Our clients can now be assured that their ad campaigns running across any digital media channel has met the highest standard of approval for detection and removal of SIVT. This means greater transparency, accountability, and confidence that digital ad dollars are being well spent.”
“We congratulate Comscore for earning this extension of its accreditation for its Sophisticated Invalid Traffic processes to mobile app traffic,” said Executive Director and CEO of the MRC, George W. Ivie. “It demonstrates Comscore’s commitment to keep pace with the rapidly evolving digital environment in this highly critical area.”
Comscore has a long history of working closely with the MRC to achieve accreditation for many of its offerings:
- Comscore recently received accreditation for mobile viewability measurement across display, video, web and apps in vCE.
- Comscore received accreditation for Sophisticated Invalid Traffic (SIVT) detection and filtration of desktop and mobile web traffic in 2016, making it the first company to offer both content and campaign measurement leveraging MRC-accredited SIVT filtration.
- Comscore was the first company to offer an MRC-accredited viewable GRP for desktop display and video campaigns. The company’s Audience module of vCE – which includes its reporting of digital campaign age, gender, and behavior-based ethnicity demographics, and the resulting reach, frequency and GRPs – received MRC accreditation in April 2016.
- Comscore’s MMX was the first digital content audience measurement service to receive MRC accreditation.
You can view Comscore’s Third-Party Accreditation, Certification and Review Page to learn more about these accreditations: http://www.comscore.com/About-Comscore/Third-Party-Review.
* The MRC’s definition of Sophisticated IVT includes “traffic identified through advanced analytics, multipoint corroboration, human intervention—such as hijacked devices, ad tags, or creative; adware; malware; misappropriated content.”
Comscore is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. Comscore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, Comscore’s data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in more than 75 countries, Comscore is delivering the future of measurement. Shares of Comscore stock are currently traded on the OTC Market (OTC:SCOR). For more information on Comscore, please visit comscore.com.
+1 (646) 746-0579