Data Solutions Analyst
Job Title: Data Solutions Analyst
Location: Boston, MA
About This Role:
This role best suits a dedicated individual proficient in data analysis and tech industry consulting. The work that the Data Solutions Analyst produces will have a direct impact on driving business strategies for prominent leaders in the Silicon Valley. This person will analyze big data, diagnose potential issues, design process improvements, and collaborate cross-functionally.
Problems we are solving: What do people do when they are online and how is that different across devices? What new technologies have made legitimate disruptions in the digital landscape and what is the size of their impact. In what ways does content influence behavior and how effective is advertising within that content? Why are there shifts in the ecosystems of search engines, social media, and retailers? How much of those trends are caused by company strategies as opposed to the evolution the general population’s behavior? What capabilities and benefits are there to be had when clients integrate Comscore’s massive data sets and analytical insights?
We are the Digital Publishers branch of Custom Analytics. Were a small but diverse team of data nerds who work with over two hundred clients every year. Projects range from quick and easy ad hoc asks, to broadly broadcasted reports, to large scale, seven figure contracts. We work with Sales to identify the big problems companies want to solve and collaborate with Client Insights to solve those problems. We use SQL and many other tools every day. We don’t shy away from challenges or opportunities to better understand the world around us. We use tools like Teams and JIRA to communicate effectively, and occasionally make fun of each other. We love to learn and love tackling hard problems.
What You'll Do:
- Build custom solutions to meet market needs for measurement that help clients solve new problems and better understand audiences and their advertising efforts
- Collaborate with teams in Software Engineering, Operations, and Product Management to deliver timely and quality data
- Develop methodology and create measurement solutions for emerging digital platforms’ new products
- Effectively understanding and conveying the business needs and data challenges of both internal and external clients, and the industry as a whole
- Understanding core products by researching industry trends, knowing the base data used in all delivered reports, and keeping track of current and potential clients
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new technologies
- Ensuring all deadlines and responsibilities are met
- Translating questions and problems from clients into solutions-based analysis
- Utilizing current industry trends to create new analyses and products that are useful to clients
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject such as Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data
- Experience with SQL or knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficiently retrieving data
- Ability to think creatively and solve complex problems
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced business environment
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- The nature of the team’s dynamic will require an individual that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members, as well as complete tasks individually as assigned
- Experience with hands-on coding from scratch in SQL; Python a huge plus
- Experience with panel data and/or Internet behavior data is a plus
- Advertising industry experience is a plus
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Data Solutions Analyst
Req ID: 21899
Wenn Sie sich bereits bei uns registriert / angemeldet haben und Ihr Profil bearbeiten oder entfernen, Informationen anfordern oder in den Status Ihrer Bewerbung einsehen möchten, melden Sie sich bitte hier an.Login