comScore & UKOM Present The Multi-Platform Majority
On Tuesday 1st October, comScore and UKOM hosted an exclusive London event to outline, for the first time, how unduplicated audiences balance their PC, Mobile and Tablet consumption. Hundreds of media experts from around London including those from global marketers, top agencies, premium publishers and technology innovators were in attendance to celebrate and learn about the new Multi-Platform Majority. The presentations were followed by a panel discussion with representatives from MEC, Havas, Future Publishing and Arena Media before heading upstairs for food and drinks.
A copy of the presentation can now be downloaded at www.comScore.com/multiplatformUK
For those who were unable to attend, you missed a wonderful evening of numbers and networking at One Marylebone, where we were pleased to reveal the first UK tablet insights. Some of the key findings from comScore MMX Multi-Platform include:
- More than two thirds (69%) of the UK digital population are now multiple device users
- The total tablet audience in the UK is 12.8 million users
- UK Multi-Platform users consume 23% more digital content than PC-only users
- The UK newspaper audience on Tablet is a quarter of the size of the PC audience
- Audience uplift when adding mobile and tablet to PC varies by category (News 28%, Travel 41%, Maps 62% and Weather 77%)
Thoroughout the event, our guests tweeted insights, thoughts, questions and comments so we have collected just some of our favourites here below. To continue the multiplatform conversation, follow us on Twitter at @comScoreEMEA or use the #multiplatformUK hashtag.
We look forward to welcoming you at our next event on November 19th in London. For an invite, please speak to your comScore Account Manager or contact us at UK@comScore.com.