State of the U.S. Online Retail Economy in Q1 2015
Event: comScore Webinar
Total digital commerce, up 14 percent year-over-year in Q1, continues to grow at a faster rate than the overall retail sector. While desktop still accounts for six out of every seven online retail dollars spent, mobile commerce is providing an increasingly meaningful contribution to that total.
In this presentation, comScore Chairman Emeritus & Co-Founder Gian Fulgoni and comScore VP of Marketing & Insights Andrew Lipsman take an in-depth look at the year’s online retail trends and what they mean for retailers going forward.
Key insights from the webinar include:
- Digital continues to gain share of total discretionary retail, reaching its highest share ever at 15% in Q1.
- Key macro-economic indicators continue to look positive, with consumer sentiment high and Americans increasing their savings rate.
- M-commerce growth is accelerating, up 53% year-over-year and now accounting for 15% of digital commerce.
- A mobile monetization gap remains due to significant friction in the mobile buying process, which might be partially remedied by enhancements in Google’s mobile search.
- CPG represents a huge opportunity in e-commerce, and Amazon already has a strategy in place.
Tags: Amazon, e-Commerce, m-Commerce, Retail