As we celebrate National Hispanic Heritage month, we look to the television space to track the most popular Hispanic content in the US. This blog analyzes the top-ranking Hispanic and Latino national TV networks and each of their hit series in 2022 year-to-date, and the results are in.
Top 10 Hispanic National TV Networks
The top 3 Hispanic/Latino networks by average audience of Hispanic TV households in 2022 year-to-date include Univision, Telemundo, and UniMas, each of which exceeds the US household average across all cable networks. In this period, Univision reached an average audience of Hispanic TV households larger than Telemundo and UniMas combined.
Leading Series Across the 10 Top Hispanic National TV Networks
So far in 2022, Univision’s hit series Premio Lo Nuestro 2022 (music awards show) has reached an average audience and rating % that’s 2X greater than other network’s most popular series. Award shows and live sporting events are boosting series audience numbers for many of the top Hispanic networks.
Social Media Fuels Each Network’s Hit Series
The most popular series on each of the top 10 Hispanic networks combined have seen high levels of engagement across social media in 2022.
U.S. cross-platform metrics across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok:
- 18.4M total actions
- 18.6M video views
- 621.2K reactions/likes
- 69.2K comments/replies
Source: Shareablee, Content Pulse combined metrics containing series names Premio Lo Nuestro 2022, Enamorándonos, FUT-ES-CHIVA-SU-TEL-UNVSO, Fuera de juego, Noticiero Cierre de edición, Un minuto para ganar, Secuestrados (excluding MLB All-Star game and Super Bowl), 1/1/2022 – 9/22/2022, U.S.
Definitions & Methodology
- Average Audience (AA) – Average number of TVs tuned to an entity throughout the selected time frame
- Index – The relative difference of an audience’s composition for viewing an event (telecast, series, or network/station) in relation to the average audience in the television universe. An index greater than 100 such as 110, indicates that viewers of a specific telecast were 10% more likely to be whatever you are measuring vs the average
- Households (HH) – Number of unique households reporting at least one minute of viewing for the selected time frame and classification (telecast, network, etc.)
- Rating (RTG) – The percentage of the household universe that viewed the classification (network, telecast, ad, etc.). Calculated by dividing AA by the total TV households in the selected market(s)
- Actions (Cross-Platform) – Total number of actions (reactions, shares, comments, retweets, favorites, loves) the specified property receives during the defined time period across the combined space of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Shares (Cross-Platform) - The total number of time the specific property’s posts were shared on Facebook or Retweeted on Twitter during the defined time period.
- Video Views (Cross-Platform) – Total video views across Facebook, Twitter and YouTube