2013 Southeast Asia Digital Future in Focus
comScore presents the 2013 Southeast Asia Digital Future in Focus, its report highlighting prevailing trends in web usage, online video, search, social media and e-commerce. Plus, a special country spotlight covers detailed digital media trends from Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Key insights from the 2013 Southeast Asia Digital Future in Focus (#FutureinFocus) report include:
- More than 40 percent of global internet users are now based in Asia Pacific with an audience of 644 million. Southeast Asian markets account for approximately 10 percent of the Asia Pacific internet population.
- With 16.1 million monthly internet users, Vietnam now has the largest online population in Southeast Asia.
- Internet users in Vietnam and Thailand, driven in part by their younger skewing populations, spend the greatest amount of time online in the region.
- Multi-platform device usage in Southeast Asia varies significantly by time of day. Desktop internet usage dominates during work hours, while mobile phones and tablets are relatively more popular during the evening hours.
- Facebook continues to be the number one social network across markets in Southeast Asia. The region boasts 3 of Facebook’s top 15 markets ranked by market penetration.
- Twitter, LinkedIn and Tumblr are also gaining popularity in the region as the Social Networking category captures the largest percentage of consumers’ time in the region.
- YouTube ranked as the top Entertainment website in each of the Southeast Asian markets.
タグ: Advertising, Audience Analytics, , Engagement, Mobile, Multi-Platform, Retail, Search, Smartphone, Social, Tablets, Video