Income Tax Analyst
Job Title: Income Tax Analyst
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
The Income Tax Analyst position is a full-time employment position in our Reston, VA office. Reporting to the Global Tax Director, the Income Tax Analyst will be part of a dynamic team responsible for global tax reporting and compliance. This role will require interaction with the accounting, finance, and legal teams and will include communication with external tax advisor's to ensure the company is meeting its tax deadlines timely and accurately. In addition to U.S. and international tax compliance, the Income Tax Analyst will assist with transfer pricing, tax controversy and tax technology enhancements.
The ideal candidate for this position is one with a solid foundation of income tax concepts who is looking to broaden their skills in other areas of corporate taxation.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare U.S. Federal and state income/franchise tax returns, including the work papers to support the underlying calculations of taxable income and book/tax differences.
- Assist in coordinating and preparing U.S. foreign information returns (e.g. Forms 5471) and other disclosure forms as required.
- Calculate and prepare U.S. federal and state quarterly estimated income tax payments and requests for extensions of time to file.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual and quarterly income tax provision calculations in accordance with ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes.
- Assist in coordinating and preparing various international income tax returns and estimated tax payments, including the work papers to support the underlying calculations.
- Assist with the Company's transfer pricing calculations and supporting documentation.
- Assist with the reconciliation of the Company's income tax accounts on a monthly basis.Provide support for federal and state income/franchise tax audits, including responses to inquiries and tax notices.
- Maintain a tax compliance calendar for all income tax related filings.
- Participate in tax process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or processes to improve tax function.
- Perform research and analysis of technical tax issues as necessary.
- Special projects as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university
- CPA and/or Masters Degree in Taxation a plus
- Minimum of 1-2 years of corporate income tax experience, preferably in a public accounting firm, with a proven knowledge of the following:Federal tax concepts applicable to corporations, ASC 740 preparation and analysis US tax reporting for international operations
- Experience with tax research software and tax compliance software (preferably OneSource Income Tax and OneSource Tax Provision)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity and accountability
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Income Tax Analyst
Req ID: 21540
Sei un utente già registrato?
Se sei già registrato e vuoi moficare o rimuovere il tuo profilo, richiedere informazioni, o controllare lo stato della tua applicazione, accedi qui.Login