#37 TV Market Rank
750 Thousand TV Households
225 Zip Codes
Audiences in San Antonio, TX viewed 2.6 million hours of Spanish broadcast telecasts in the week of September 5th-11th, 2022
Top 10 Local TV Market Ranking: San Antonio Comparison
San Antonio, TX viewed an average of 78.2 hours per household in this period, higher than any of the 10 top ranked TV markets. The market also held its own across social media, generating over 2 million cross-platform actions and shares.
Local TV in San Antonio: Broadcast Networks
Key Insights: San Antonio may not have its own team, but that didn’t stop these Texans from enjoying the NFL games this week.
- Roughly 1 in 3 San Antonio households tuned into the Dallas Cowboys game versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on WOAI (NBC.) However, The NFL wasn’t the only league getting attention, as 1 in 5 households watched the Texas Longhorns take on the Alabama Crimson Tide on KABB (FOX).
- ABC, CBS, and NBC saw consistent audiences across their affiliate networks, as KSAT, KENS and WOAI earned the top three positions in this periods network ranking.
Local TV in San Antonio: Cable Networks
Key Insights: College football took the top spots for cable telecasts as well; However, popular political commentary also managed to see success this week.
- San Antonio residents showed their support to several local teams this week, with the Texas A&M game on ESPN2 topping this week’s telecast rankings.
- FOX News Channel saw very consistent audiences throughout the week, capturing a share 2 times larger than the next highest ranked cable network in this period
Local TV – Top Spanish Language Series in San Antonio among Hispanic Households
Key Insights: Spanish-speaking series also performed well in San Antonio this week, particularly within Hispanic households.
- Mujer de Nadie on KWKWEX earned an average audience of 23.4K viewers this week. This series performed particularly well with those from a Hispanic background, with Hispanic viewers 74% more likely to tune in versus the general audience.
- Univision performed over twice as well as the next highest ranked network in San Antonio this week, with a 7.2K average audience of Hispanic Households throughout the week.
San Antonio Keeps up with Community News
Key Insights: San Antonio Networks’ social media channels saw success with stories close to home this week.
Cross-Platform metrics across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter:
- 2.5M video views
- 673K social actions
- 77K shares
- 500 pieces of content
- 8k video shares
Definitions & Methodology:
- Cable Television - a system in which television programs are transmitted to the sets of subscribers by cable rather than by a broadcast signal and usually is a paid subscription.
- Broadcast Network Television - free, over-the-air broadcast television networks and local television stations (whether digital or otherwise) in the United States that are licensed by the FCC, regardless of whether a viewer accesses the signal of such networks or stations over-the-air or through other means.
- Average Audience (AA) – Average number of TVs tuned to an entity throughout the selected time frame
- Households (HH) – Number of unique households reporting at least one minute of viewing for the selected time frame and classification (telecast, network, etc.)
- Share (SH) – The average audience of a particular program relative to the total average audience across all programming during the same time frame. Calculated by dividing the avg. audience of a telecast and/or network by the avg. audience over all telecasts airing at the same time (x100)
- Rating (RTG) – The percentage of the household universe that viewed the classification (network, telecast, ad, etc.). Calculated by dividing AA by the total TV households in the selected market(s)
- Hours Viewed per Household (Hrs/V-HH) – Average hours viewed per household during the selected time frame
- Video Views (Cross-Platform) – Total video views across Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Actions (Cross-Platform) – Total number of actions (reactions, shares, comments, retweets, favorites, loves) the specified property receives during the defined time period across the combined space of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Shares (Cross-Platform) - The total number of time the specific property’s posts were shared on Facebook or Retweeted on Twitter during the defined time period.