2013 UK Digital Future in Focus
Event: comScore Whitepaper
comScore presents the 2013 UK Digital Future in Focus, its report on prevailing trends in changing digital behaviour, online video, mobile and search, including a special review of social, shopping and silver surfers.
Key insights from the 2013 UK Digital Future in Focus (#FutureinFocus) report include:
- 44.8 million people in the UK used the internet in December 2012, a 5 percent increase over the year.Brits also spend more time online than any other European country, representing a fertile ground for digital marketers and advertisers to engage with their target audience online.
- UK online video audience grows by 8 percent over the year, whilst mobile video audience grows by 262 percent.
- Page views from Non-PCs reached an all-time high with nearly 1/3 of all UK page views now from mobiles and tablets.
- In the UK, 64 percent of mobile users had a smartphone, but already 82 percent of new phones acquired in December 2012 were smartphones. The rapid adoption of internet enabled devices is resulting in a more fragmented digital media landscape.
- Google maintains its strong hold of the search engine market, capturing 91 percent of all UK searches. As the search market continues to evolve, Brits are also turning to non-traditional search sites such as Amazon and eBay to search for information and products.
- Facebook remains the leading social network in the UK, capturing the largest amount of unique visitors. However, there are some rising stars on the horizon - Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest and Goodreads – that have all witnessed strong growth rates over the year across both PC and mobile.
- Online shopping has long become the norm with 9 out of 10 UK internet users visiting retail sites and mobile shopping is escalating with 1 in 5 Brits using their smartphone to purchase a good or service in December 2012.
Tags: Advertising, Audience Analytics, , Engagement, Mobile, Multi-Platform, Retail, Search, Smartphone, Social, Tablets, Video