Director, Software Engineering
Job Title: Director, Software Engineering
Location: Reston, VA / Remote
As a Director of Software Engineering you will be responsible for managing one or more teams of software engineers to deliver Comscore’s core digital software systems. You will provide the architectural vision and technical guidance to build a mixed-architecture platform in a modern technology stack. Your work will distill meaningful insights out of multiple petabytes of data and will span reporting, data warehousing, ETL, and the web services necessary to configure and access it all. Successful candidates will have a strong passion for clean software architecture, zero-touch operations, and building high-performing, high-velocity teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Gain deep understanding of Comscore’s problem domains, exchanging ideas with the Product Management, Analytics, and Innovation teams.
- Provide architectural and design thought leadership for Comscore’s software platforms
- Guide teams through the planning, prioritization and execution of work
- Provide continuous feedback to the SDLC in order to improve your team’s velocity and the reliability of the software they produce
- Address under performance and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
What You’ll Need:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in developing and supporting large-scale applications.
- 5+ years software engineering management experience with direct reports.
- Proven experience coaching, mentoring, and developing a team
- Excellent agile project management skills; ability to estimate scope, break up problems into deliverable chunks, and pivot when requirements change
- Experience building large-scale applications with AWS cloud services like EMR, EC2, Redshift, RDS, Lambda, etc.
- Experience designing and developing applications using modern microservice and big data patterns is a must.
- Experience working in a DevOps style of production operations, using technologies such as containers, infrastructure as code, and automated configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible.
At Comscore, were pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, were united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, wed love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Director, Software Engineering
Req ID: 22703
Si se ha registrado/aplicado anteriormente con nosotros y le gustaría editar o borrar su perfil, solicitar información o ver el status de su aplicación, por favor inicie sesión.Iniciar sesión