QA Engineer II
Job Title: QA Engineer II
Location: Reston, VAAbout this Role:
Comscore is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer II who will focus on developing, maintaining and extending manual test cases and automated test scripts from functional requirements and. This role will assist the Sr. QA Engineer/Manager in the implementation and execution of the Automation Strategy and plan and work cross functionally to develop the automation scripts and frameworks needed to support the goals of the organization. We’re looking for a great team member with strong manual testing experience to include: cross-browser, Windows & Mac OS (iPhone and Android are OK too!). Testing at the registry level or any router level testing experience would be very attractive as well.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, implement, operate, and improve test and task automation to support Functional UI, API and Performance testing including test environment setup and validation, test data preparation and data verification
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including analyzing requirements, developing test plans, test cases, and execution of test scripts
- Writes and executes detailed test cases; performs complex manual, integration, and regression tests
- Documents software issues and enhancement requests and assists development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the problems found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests
- Determines when additional initiative is required to meet scheduled work and undertakes it
- Verifies resolved JIRA issues and maintains accurate status for JIRA issues entered and assigned
- Assists fellow team members and customers with problem reporting and resolution and maintaining appropriate follow-up communications throughout the resolution process
- Responsible for QA estimation and scheduling process
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience/knowledge desired
- 4+ years of experience in Quality Assurance required
- Hands-on experience with development or automation scripting in: C#, Java, Python, XCode, Ruby, or Perl (one or more)
- Experience with Selenium Web Driver is required
- Knowledge and experience with API validation testing (using Postman/JSON/Rest client) is highly desired
- Knowledge of OS (i.e. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and/or mobile platforms (i.e. iOS. Android, Windows Mobile, etc.) including editing the registry, manipulating host and/or config files, able to author and execute grep, ssh, curl, shell scripting, commands
- Excellent logic and troubleshooting skills, independently identifying root causes and possible resolutions
- Knowledge and experience using Linux/Unix command line highly desired
- Knowledge and experience writing SQL queries
- Knowledge and experience using version control software desired
- Experience with issue reporting and tracking tools such as JIRA desired
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills
- Familiarity with web debugging/sniffing tools
- Must be able to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical team members
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
QA Engineer II
Req ID: 22195
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.Login