Job Title: Software Engineer (Java/Hadoop/Spark)
Location: Reston, VA
About this role:
This job is primarily working with Hadoop to handle the processing of the “big data” that people get excited by. Creativity and innovation are desirable to keep pace with the changes happening on the Internet. As a secondary task you will be assisting with AWS development.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in the design and development of new components
- Develop components that can process large volumes of data while being fault tolerant
- Develop enhancements to current solutions
- Assist in the automation of processing and testing
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in developing applications
- 1+ years developing software in Java in a UNIX environment
- Experience developing with Hadoop, Pig, Spark, SQL and Python is preferred
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Knowledge of AWS and Docker is helpful.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP including HTTP/HTTPS is helpful
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Req ID: 22196
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.Login