Senior Software Engineer
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer - Movies
Location: Portland, OR (Airport Office)
About This Role:
The Senior Software Engineer works within a team and with multiple cross-functional teams to develop, support, and evolve a growing suite of customer facing web enabled applications in support of the motion picture industry. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements. Our clients include movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and technical expertise to help derive new insights into their industry and gain a competitive advantage.
What You’ll Do:
- Ability to review system specifications to validate alignment with product standards; Provide feedback to scope and requirements with design solutions
- Understanding of product business rules and industry needs
- Provide guidance to engineers on design and framework improvements; Pair with engineers where appropriate
- Understanding of end-to-end system modules and integration points.
- Ability to suggest design options for concept product features or enhancements
- Proactively identifies issues to management in order to resolve problems before they impact development
- Facilitates a strong team environment
- Manage other Engineers and provides improvements that align to the product development roadmap
- Work with IT management to derive a technology roadmap that addresses system needs and business needs
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or area or 5+ years systems development experience
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of either back end data processing or front-end reporting and UI frameworks
- Systems architecture experience and strong design experience
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Track record of mentoring and helping team build technical capability
- Able to provide team members constructive feedback
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Senior Software Engineer
Req ID: 22198
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.Login