comScore Releases ‘2013 Latin America Digital Future in Focus’ Report
Latin America Online Population Grew Faster than Any Other Global Region in the Past Year, Rising 12 Percent to 147 Million Visitors
Santiago, Chile, May 23, 2013 – comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, today released insights from the 2013 Latin America Digital Future in Focus report. The study provides a comprehensive overview of the Latin American market and identifies the prevailing trends in web usage, online video, mobile and online advertising. Key trends and highlights will be presented via a complimentary, live webinar on Tuesday, May 28th at 12:00 PM Eastern Time (12:00 PM Santiago). This session will be broadcasted in Spanish. For more information and to register, please visit: http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Events_and_Webinars/Webinar/2013/2013_Latin_America_Digital_Future_in_Focus
Key insights from the 2013 Latin America Digital Future in Focus report include:
- Of the five global regions, Latin America had the fastest growing internet population, increasing 12 percent in the past year to more than 147 million unique visitors in March 2013. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Consumers in Latin America spent 10 hours online per month on Social Networking sites, doubling the global average time spent; 5 of the top 10 most engaged markets with social content worldwide are located in Latin America. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Fueled by the holiday shopping season, Online Retail continues to grow in Latin America with the total number of online shoppers up 16 percent in the past year. Wal-Mart was the fastest gaining property of the top 10 most-visited Retail websites, growing 163 percent in the past year to 11.7 million visitors in March 2013. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Mobile phones and tablets continue to account for a growing amount of digital traffic. Of the 4 Latin American markets analyzed, Mexico led the region with 13.9 percent of all web-based page views consumed beyond the personal computer, mostly on smartphones and tablets. (Source: comScore Device Essentials – Mexico, Argentina, Brazil & Chile)
- Online Advertising is on the rise in Brazil, growing 97 percent the past year to 130 billion display ad impressions delivered in March 2013. Netflix, Inc. was the largest display advertiser in Brazil and Mexico with 2.7 billion and 463 million ad impressions delivered during the month, respectively. (Source: comScore Ad Metrix)
- Internet users in Argentina are the most likely in Latin America to view online video content, with more than 95 percent of its internet population doing so in March 2013. (Source: comScore Video Metrix)
Please note that the 2013 Latin America Digital Future in Focus report is part of our Future in Focus series. To get more detailed insights into mobile trends or the digital landscape for major markets around the world, please visit www.comscore.com/FutureinFocus2013.
Join Alejandro Fosk, Senior VP Latin America on Tuesday, 28th May as he shares key insights from the 2013 Latin America Digital Future in Focus report and discusses what these trends mean for marketers.
To register for the webinar please visit: http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Events_and_Webinars/Webinar/2013/2013_Latin_America_Digital_Future_in_Focus
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, delivering insights on web, mobile and TV consumer behavior that enable clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com/companyinfo.
Ana Laura Zain
Corporate Marketing Manager EMEA
+44 20 3111 1730