Spanish over 45s lead the way on mobile video
The explosive growth of mobile devices has created new digital time, including for video consumption, with audiences now enjoying this content on multiple devices throughout the day. Spain is no exception, and understanding the nuances of each platform, important synergies between them, and subtleties unique to Spanish audiences are key to understanding the multi-platform video landscape.
Some key insights:
- Desktop remains a growth platform for video in Spain with this audience watching an average of 183 videos per visitor in a month.
- 37.3% of the Spanish mobile users watched videos on their mobile devices at least once a month during June 2016, a 5% increase in comparison with June 2015.
- People aged between 18 and 24 years are the most likely to watch video on mobile at least once per week, with 19% of them doing so.
- However, video consumption on mobile is growing 34 points faster for people over 45 years than for the youngest generation.
- Video viewers are frequent video sharers, with 1 in 5 mobile video viewers in Spain sharing photos or videos via social media almost every day.