- January 15, 2017
Eyes on the Movie Industry
Each month Comscore creates a Data Insight presentation on a different topic in digital. In this January 2017 edition, the topic is "The Movie Industry".
- Consumers are using digital sites and mobile apps for everything from movie research to movie ticket purchases to watching movies post-theater.
- Mobile is the key to growth in the Entertainment-Movies category, with Mobile Only visitors having grown 16% YoY.
- While visitation to the Entertainment-Movies category is higher on mobile, engagement remains stronger on desktop.
- Millennials are 44% more likely to visit movie sites, and people with HHI of $100K+ are 21% more likely to visit movie sites
- A movie studio’s online audience might look vastly different demographically than its film audience.